For as long as I can remember, I’ve loved leading smart, diverse, creative teams that solve complex and meaningful problems. Whether I’m building a new team of Art Directors and Design Managers to support strategic product launches like the Echo Look; leading multi-disciplinary photo shoots to evolve the Amazon Prime brand; or designing and leading my alma-mater’s most highly-attended student health programs as the lead Resident Assistant in college, I’m truly at my best when I’m combining my love for design and people with my abilities as a creative leader.
My leadership approach:
▪ People matter. No one is number and everyone's voice is heard.
▪ My idea is just one of many, and I bring it to the table not as a solution, but to spark a creative discussion.
▪ You can’t have one without the other: I believe in using data balanced with real people’s feedback to set the foundation of any creative approach.
Plus, two random facts about me:
▪ I'm always early. If the event starts at 5 pm, it's 90% probable that I'm in the vicinity by 4:30 pm. It's 100% certain that I arrived early to try a new coffee shop.
▪ I love taking and editing photos. I believe that everyone’s life needs a rewind button, for all the good stuff. This could explain why all my favorite travel souvenirs are pictures. You can find me obsessively instagraming @sarah_roulston
2016 - Current | AMAZON :: Managing Art Director | Engagement Design Group
2015 - 2016 | AMAZON :: Senior Art Director | D1 Creative
2014-2015 | AMAZON PRIME :: Senior Art Director | World Wide Prime
2011 - 2014 | AMAZON ADVERTISING DESIGN AND USER EXPERIENCE :: Senior Designer
2009 - 2011 | ROULSTON LOVE FRYE :: Principle Partner
▪ Brand creation and evolution
▪ Program concept development and strategy
▪ International Photoshoot Art Direction
▪ Team training and mentoring
▪ Design hiring and interviewing
▪ Global mobile, tablet and web advertising campaigns
▪ Global product launches
▪ WW marketing creative strategies
▪ Visual and interaction design
I start every design problem with a pen, paper, or on a whiteboard. I use the Adobe Creative Suite daily; Illustrator 7 was my first love. I prefer my Wacom pen to a mouse. I shoot images everyday with my iPhone and my Cannon 60D, but my 35mm is never far away.
I communicate concisely via phone, email, Instagram and face to face. My favorite part of the design process: team brainstorms.